So last night, I finished off the waistband on Vogue 8749, and I did a bang up job of it. It looked great. And then I tried it on, and it was so huge, I could almost pull it off with the zipper closed. I made the size based on my measurements, and I even did a tissue fit, but I guess, since it's cut on the bias, the fabric is stretchy and made for a bigger waistline than I anticipated. Even though the waist measurement printed on the tissue matched my waist measurement. Oh well. It doesn't matter if I was right or not because it clearly is too big.
I'm going to make it a lemonade kind of situation. I think this fabric really needs to be lined, so I've decided to rip off all the facing and line it instead.
Meanwhile, I have gift knitting to do. So I sit down with my current WIP. I'm halfway through row 5 when I discover a terrible mistake. I consider myself an expert when it comes to fudging things. It can always be eased in. But not this. Halfway through the row, I realized that two rows back, I only did half of the pattern repeat. So half the row is drastically off.
I've never had to rip out knitting like that before. But there really wasn't any other option. So I threaded a needle, made myself a lifeline, and ripped away.
Now it's 10:48 pm, and I've lost ground on not one, but two WIPs. And the days are ticking by.
Back to row 1.