Monday, December 5, 2011

FO: February Lady Sweater!

I thought it would be February before I finished it, but I wrapped it up in the middle of November.  It was just the thing to wear for Thanksgiving.

I made the 37.5 size.  My bust is 38", but I did not want this sweater to be big and baggy and dowdy.  Plus, I know the garter stitch and the lace block out like crazy, so I figured that I would probably get it to fit with zero ease.  I was right!  It's just a teeny bit tight at the upper arms, but once I pull it on, it's just fine.


Yes, I did make my daughter and me matching sweaters.  This was a little unintentional.  I chose yarn for both projects several months apart, and I didn't realize how close in color they were.  Oh well.  It's not like they're frilly, floral Laura Ashley dresses. 

My favorite part is the buttons.  I wanted something that would stand out and compliment, and I got the idea to use a vintagey floral fabric and cover my own buttons.  My mom helped me find the right fabric when we visited them in Ashland, OR in October.  I think they came out great!  I don't think yellow is a color I can really wear, but a small splash of yellow works.



So I'm happy with it!  It does feel, though, like it doesn't really count as a sweater.  It definitely is a sweater, and I knit a sweater's worth of yarn, but I didn't learn anything new in this project.  I've made the FBS twice, so I can do this lace pattern in my sleep.  And the fit isn't hugely challenging because most of the cardi is open and there's a lot of ease to play with.  For my next trick, I will pick something a little more advanced.  But that will have to wait 'till January.  I have gift knitting to do!

Pattern: February Lady Sweater
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers, 100% wool
Needles: US 6
Ravelry page

1 comment: