Sunday, July 1, 2012

FO: Renfrew top!

I finally made a Renfrew top!



The pattern was easy, quick and fun.  I can see myself making a lot more of these, especially for fall and winter layering pieces. 

The fabric is a stretchy something-or-other.  It's a cotton interlock from Harts Fabric. It's substantially thick, which makes for a nice shirt, but not so heavy I won't wear it on hot summer days.  The fabric did this weird wrinkly thing in the white stripes.  I'm not sure what's going on there.



I think I did a good job matching up stripes on the sides, but not on the arms, obviously.  I'm not losing sleep over it.

I cut a 10 through the bust, then a 12 at the waist and a 14 at the hips, and I think it fits perfectly. 

This pattern was very easy, but the finished product looks clean and tailored.  It was the perfect project for my week, which was so full I had almost no time or brainpower left over for knitting or sewing intricate things.  Things are calming down a bit this week, so I'm going to revisit my goals list and see what I can get done!

No comments:

Post a Comment