I followed So Zo's tutorial exactly for the front, but I did extend the back length by 2 inches. After my first top, I thought it was a bit long and so I reduced that to just 1 extra inch of length. I was surprised that I didn't really need to add a lot of extra width to the pattern, just length. (Extending the front length by five inches did actually yield about 1.5 extra inches in width because the pattern flares out toward the hip a bit more. I'm not explaining that well, but trust me.)
The first version I made out of a so-so ITYish crepe jersey knit, not exactly what I wanted for the Renfrew pattern. (I have the hardest time finding great knits!) It ended up working really well, and it's a little dressier. The cowl looks great on this top, and I think I'll definitely be making more of the cowl style post-baby.
Then I made a 3/4 sleeve scoop neck for a slightly more casual style. I did give myself 2 extra inches in length on the sleeves.
Finally, I made up another long sleeved cowl neck in white.
|It was getting really dark and stormy when we took these pictures.|
I love these shirts and the way they fit. Even though none of the fabric choices are perfect, I've still been super comfortable in all of these, and I've had compliments especially on the white cowl.
In non-maternity clothing news, I am making progress on the sewing and yarn room clean up! I didn't realize how much I'd really have to weed out and get rid of. I'm about halfway to a beautiful after picture!