Although this style is close, it wasn't quite right. And I obviously needed to make some maternity adjustments also.
I started with view A, and then modified it a lot:
- Changed the neckline to a v-neck, and narrowed it by about half an inch on each side.
- Made the sides fall straight down from the shoulder, ending at a right angle at the hem, instead of curving in. I altered the seam lines based on my measurements. (No tight hips here!)
- Added 4" in length.
- When I cut the front, I put the point of the v-neck on the fold, but then rotated the bottom of the pattern piece so it was about 3 inches away from the fold. This way, it added more fabric in the front panel without changing the side seams. It also made the front hem slightly curved in the middle, making the hemline appear straight, instead of arced by the baby bump.
- Added a belt above the bump by inserting button holes above the seam lines.
Basically, I just kept the shoulder seams. And here's how it came out:
I love it! I wore it on Christmas and New Years. It was comfortable and festive. It's a little different than my normal style, but still me. It fits a thousand percent better than the cheap one in the store, and I feel proud for making something that fit me (for less money, too!).