Thursday, March 28, 2013

FO: A couple of baby blankets



Time is waning!  I think this baby is going to be here soon.  Fortunately, I think we're as ready as we can be.  And slightly less importantly, I've finished most of the projects I set out for myself for the baby and our daughter.  In the last week, I finished up two blankets, one knit and one sewn. 


I originally set out to make the High Fidoodlity blanket, but it was just ugly.  So instead I went with the Chevron Baby Blanket from Purl Soho.  I used Berroco Vintage Chunky, a wool/acrylic blend.  It's very squishy and cozy, and should be very easy care as well. 


Our daughter is already using it to wrap up one of her baby dolls in the baby's bassinet.  That's a good sign, right? 


The other blanket I made is a little quilt made up of scraps of Notting Hill from my diaper bag


While I didn't use a pattern for this, I did find inspiration from Bailey Girls Boutique etsy store.  I figured, Hey, I can do that.  (And I think this counts as my quarterly Pinterest crafty completion New Year's resolution.)

I made 5" squares and sewed them together with a 1/4" seam allowance.  Then I backed it with white dotted minky fabric, which is really incredibly soft. 

I am really very happy with how both of these things turned out.  I'm looking forward to wrapping up baby boy or girl in both of them!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, how exciting! Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl. I am close, too. Although I have a feeling this girl is going to be late unfortunately... But you never know!

    ReplyDelete