Monday, November 14, 2011

long day, good day

One of my favorite lyrics is from a Rusted Root song:  "It's been a long day, and it ended about an hour ago.  We'll get us some milkshakes, and head off and see the show." 

It's been a long day, but a good day.  Our nanny had car trouble and couldn't make it, which threw the day a bit out of whack.  At first, I was annoyed that my day and schedule were disrupted, but I took Little A to work with me for a few hours, and people there had a great time playing with her.  I still accomplished the things I needed to, and I got to spend extra quality time with my little sweetie.  I had a big meeting late in the evening, and that went well. 

It's so comforting to end a long day with knitting.  I'm going to check a few blogs and see what others have finished today, but I will not (Meredith, I'm talking to you) get lost down the rabbit hole of the internet and not get to my own knitting.  So now I'm putting my feet up, getting out the FLS and watching Cheers reruns on Netflix!  I will finish this FLS or fall asleep trying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment