Saturday, September 3, 2011

knitting a go-go

Last night, C and I went to a high school football game!  I haven't been to a high school football game since at least 1997, assuming I went to a football game during my senior year.  I grew up in Southern California, and high school football was important, but not crazy important.  But now I live in a small southern town, and high school football is ... crazy important. 



We've lived in this small town for two months.  We weren't even in the stands before we'd run into seven people we know.  It was a beautiful night and it was fun to be out among a crowd.  I had some other things on my mind, and so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the game, but I was completely aware that we were beating the pants off the other guys. 

I also had something else to concentrate on:


Knitting!  I love knitting in public, but I was a little apprehensive about knitting at the most important event in our community.  Would the hard core fans be offended?  No.  No one cared.  And I finished three rounds on my Abby's Blanket!  I'm on the last repeat of the lace pattern, so each round is about 400 stitches, so three rounds is pretty decent. 

So I've found a perfect venue for knitting, and I get to be part of the big community event.  Bring on the rest of the season! 

Coming up next: an FO ta-da! 

No comments:

Post a Comment