Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Knitting Year in Review

I may be a little late to the party, but I still want to play.  Here's what came off the needles this year:

Accessories
7 hats -- 2 baby, 5 adult
3 pairs mitts
3 cowls
2 pairs socks
10 shawls/shawletts
1 shrug
1 baby blanket
2 Danger monsters



Sweaters
3 baby/toddler sweaters
3 tees
2 adult vests
1 cardigan







Total: 38 Finished Objects! 


Final Thoughts
  • I went a little nuts with the shawls this year. I'd never made any before this year, and then once I started, I couldn't stop.  I was one shy of the "11 in 2011" thing.
  • I worked on gauge this year, and it paid off!  Three of my four sweaters fit very, very well.  The fourth sweater is too slacky.  I blame this on being a linen/cotton blend, but it could have been me over- or under-thinking the gauge. 
  • I learned to cable without a needle.  
  • I didn't know it before this year, but I super love lace knitting.
  • I didn't do any crochet this year!  What the what? 

No comments:

Post a Comment